Tuesday, May 29, 2012

The most anticipated time...SUMMER 2012!!!

Summer is the season that is most looked forward to, especially by high school students! Finals are over. No more homework. No more crazy English teachers. No more schedules. Just some fun in the sun with your best friends blasting the latest pop songs! One thing that is on the subconscious mind (which most people forget after the late night studying and binging to sustain life) is that summer = swimsuit season...and, well, the big question is:::::

When you hear that dreaded question I bet you think you have to look like this:::

 

 

And that is because of advertisements like::::



Oh the lovely swimsuit season.  Summer is supposed to be the best time of the year! It is a time for freedom, late nights, and nightly BBQ's. It is a time for singing, laughing, and dancing around. Many people become stressed out over (yet another) media-corrupted "season" of sorts. The media took Christmas and made it into a commercialized, over-done phenomenon. The media took Valentine's Day and made it out to be a day to rub love into the single people of the world's lives. And now, the media has taken summer and made it into one of the most self-conscious times of the year. Well I have news for you....I don't care if you do a three hour workout at the gym daily for six months to get "bikini/swim trunk ready".....you aren't going to look good in your bikini or trunks until you add in one important factor::::

CONFIDENCE

You can do every exercise in seventeen's fitness issue. You can workout and try to look like the Hollister models and Playmates I posted above. You won't ever look like them. Heck, they don't even look like that!!!! The media uses airbrushing and photo shop. Use nature's photo shop: confidence. But you will not look "swimsuit ready" if you do not show how confident you are!!! Honestly, I would love to say that I will be swim suit ready. I wish I had the time and energy to exercise everyday, but I won't. Most of my exercise will be done this summer. And you know why? Because I want to look good in a bikini for MYSELF. Sure being show-stopping and chin-dropping would be a plus, but I don't need that to be happy. I feel amazing in a bikini. I love being able to sit half naked on the beach. I hate clothes! (I know a lot of you agree so stop judging!) This summer I will be blasting some music, smiling 24/7, prancing around in a bikini not caring WHO thinks I look like a beached whale, and hanging with my friends.

The media wants...no NEEDS...you to feel ugly. They want you to feel horrible about yourself so that you will buy the "gold" gym membership you really don't need. They want you to buy a bunch of over-priced "low-calorie" meals. You are nothing but worker bees for them. The media is a queen bee who does nothing but sit around and make more baby-bees that have to go run around to make honey for the queen. They need your money, your time, and your self-esteem. Because who can sell things to confident, self-loving people???? That would be a challenge. (end sarcasm here)

All joking aside, I want you to feel beautiful/handsome this summer. I want you to wake up in the morning and dance around your room, singing into a hairbrush. I want you to go to the beach and not hide under some bogus over-sized t-shirt or towel. We all have a little chunk somewhere, whether its our arms, thighs, or tummies (some of us have more than others). We all have flaws. We will all be swim suit ready in our OWN way!!!! Look like you this summer(: Not some model who lives off of the gym, water, and celery...IF THAT.










Here are ten songs that are great for summer and feeling good about yourself(: (I don't care how over played some may be)
1 What Makes you Beautiful by one Direction
      Is there anything more dreamy than being serenaded by 5 sexy guys with even sexier accents? And how can you go wrong with a boy band?!
2 Boys in the Summer by Jesse James
      This song screams summer fun and summer flings!!!
3 Star ships by Nicki Minaj
      This song even starts off talking about the beach!
4 Barefoot Blue Jean Night by Jake Owens
       A little too country for some (not me) but this song is the perfect bonfire anthem :)
5 Somebody that I Used to Know by Gotye and Kimbra
      What is more fun than belting out a relationship song with your girly-friends!?
6 Young, Wild, and Free by Snoop Dogg and Wiz Khalifa
   Usually, I wouldn't promote songs that promote drugs/alcohol use but this song is catchy and about having fun!!!
7 Part of Me by Katy Perry
   This song is a confidence anthem(:(:(:
8 Call Me Maybe by Carly Rae Jepsen
   While overplayed, this song is perfect for that one hot guy you see every summer at the beach;)
9 Glad you Came by The Wanted
    This one is about partying with that super cute, slightly mysterious hottie;) And do I need say more about them being a sexy, foreign, boy band??
10 Brokenhearted by Karmin
    How can you go wrong with a good Karmin song?! This song is great for getting the courage and confidence to talk to that cutie on the beach (:

Also check out Jessie J, Demi Lovato, Hot Chelle Rae, Justin Bieber, and plenty other artists for some great summer songs and confidence-boosting songs!!!


Remember you are beautiful<3

3 comments:

  1. That is a wonderful article Hannah! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hannah you are such an amazing talented person in so many ways! Reading this brought a smile to my face and tears to my eyes at moments too because I wish so much that everyone could feel good about themselves "always" :) you certainly helped me feel much better about summer coming and instead of hiding I'm going to enjoy it with each and every pound lol I love you and I'm so proud of you! thank you for being you and taking the time to write such about such an important subject, I'm sure all that read this will be affected and feel better about themselves :) Your good attitude is as beautiful as you are! Keep writing!!! You can touch the world with happiness and there's nothing more rewarding than that! XoXoXo love, your mama Holly :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great article! I just found your blog and I love it!
    One thing that this particular article reminded me of is "fatkinis." Women who identify as fat eschewing all societal restrictions and FLAUNT their bikinis in their beautiful bodies.
    I almost want a bikini opportunity just so I can participate in the "fatkini" movement!
    Cheers to you for a great article and blog!

    ReplyDelete